Ed Beaty Hall, Room 126
Ellen Swieter, 970.339.6522
Advisors and Faculty:
DeLynn Anderson, 970.339.6799; Loveland advising hours are available. Advises students with the last name starting with A - H.
Sue Ehfurth, 970.339.6682; Loveland advising hours are available. Advises students with the last name starting with I - P.
Ellen Swieter, 970.339.6522; Fort Lupton advising hours are available. Advises students with the last name starting with Q - Z.
Business Transfer Statewide Articulation Agreement (two-year A.A. degree)
Administrative Assistant (two-year A.A.S. degree)
Medical Administrative Assistant (two-year A.A.S. degree) **
Advanced Office Specialist (two-semester certificate)
Business Technology Certificate (three-semester certificate)
Introduction to Medical Coding (two-semester certificate) **
Medical Transcription and Coding Certificate (three-semester certificate) **
Multimedia Presentation Skill Enhancement (one-semester certificate)
Word Processing Skill Enhancement (two-semester certificate)
** No new enrollments are being accepted into these programs beginning Summer 2017. For Medical Front Office programs, contact Cindy Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Each course required for a particular certificate must be passed with a grade of A or B to qualify for the Skill Enhancement Certificate. These courses may have prerequisites which must be completed before enrollment.
- Visual Acuity
- Fine Motor Skills
- Ability to Communication, Comprehend, Read, and Write English
- Behavioral Stability
- Cognitive Ability and Critical Thinking Skills
Learning Outcomes: The business technology program will provide the student with a solid background in:
- Preparing quality, professional business documents using appropriate software such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Demonstrate effective use and maintenance of office equipment, including, but not limited to: scanners, printers, cameras, and faxing machines.
- Demonstrate the use of ethics to manage the office in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrate the coordination, management, and orchestration of the daily functions in the office and demonstrate standard operating procedures.
- Inspect, file, maintain, and retrieve both paper and electronic files.
- Demonstrate flexibility, prioritizing skills, attention to detail (accuracy), proofreading, focus, ability to use resources, and the ability to process and promote change.
- Demonstrate teambuilding, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, timeliness, and job seeking skills.
Potential Opportunities: The A.A.S. and certificate programs in Business Technology are designed for persons interested in gaining skills and knowledge using state-of-the-art equipment and up-to-date technology. Employment opportunities include office settings in government, small business, banking, medical fields, real estate, insurance, law and the judicial legal system.
Students entering Aims Community College with high school credit in keyboarding, word processing, or bookkeeping may substitute other courses with the consent of their program advisor.
For the transfer student, several of the Business A.A.S. degrees are articulated with Franklin University or Regis University. Franklin’s and Regis’ Bachelor of Science in Business Administration allows students to complete junior and senior level courses through a combination of Aims coursework and on-line instruction through the University.
The Business Transfer Statewide Articulation Agreement, Associate of Arts degree, is designed for transfer to Colorado four-year business colleges.
Registration Requirement: All students taking a course or courses in a business program should meet with a business advisor before registering.
General Education Requirements: A minimum of 15 credit hours of General Education Courses are required with advisor’s approval.
Business Technology Advisory Committee
Scott Bicknell, Bicknell Insurance, Inc.
Joel Matthews, University High School
Chris McGilvray, Longmont Liquors
Julie Tacker, University of Northern Colorado
Brooke Wolford, City of Greeley